Saturday, August 14, 2010

Just jokes

The topic for this blog has been floating around in my head for a few weeks now.Some of you may not know the whole story about where I got my nickname "Guru Bubba Mclovin". The Bubba part came from the fact that I am a big fan of country music and the Confederate flag(not anymore), the Mclovin part came when Amy and I were on our way to a party and we decided to get back to our crazy party roots (and I love the movie super bad). As for the "Guru" part, when I got into Buddhism, I tried to be as inspirational as I could to maybe pass on what I had learned. I had found what I needed to turn my life around and finally start being happy.


The term "Guru" is reserved for a teacher or spiritual guide. For the past few weeks I have felt a little uneasy calling myself Guru, even in a joking manner. I have neither the wisdom or the knowledge to be any one's teacher or guide. I started getting this bad feeling like I was being egotistical, like I was trying to fool people into thinking I was something that I wasn't.I know that I have a very long way to go before I should ever try and guide anyone down the path to happiness.

I know that some people think I am strange for following Buddhism and it has become clear that my positive out look annoys some people. I won't apologize for becoming who I have become, but I will let you all know that I never wanted to come across as a person who thought they knew more then you or had all the answers to life's biggest questions. I just wish that everyone could find the Happiness that I have found. Amy says she doesn't see any harm in me jokingly calling myself "Guru", because I am not trying to be something that I'm not. What do you think? Should I stop calling myself Guru Bubba Mclovin? I'm not sure how interesting I'll be if I lose my alter ego.Namaste, Blessings an Love to all.

2 comments:

  1. I think the title suits you. You are other people's guide thru spiritual enlightment, why shouldn't be titled as such?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bubba, your path to enlightment has inspired me to believe again. Your advice has helped me more than you know. Don't stop believing your dream of becoming a Guru. I never thought you were a bad person. But, your recent discovery has improved your outlook on life. Maybe, if you drop the McLovin, it wont feel like a joke. I like humor and I know that good has humor. Afterall, her made the platypuss. Namaste! Keep the faith and live the truth.

    ReplyDelete