Saturday, October 23, 2010

Take a look around.....

It amazes me how so many people don't realize how their environment affects their attitude.The more negativity that you surround yourself with, the more negative you will become.Whether it be negative people,angry music or violent movies.The more of these things we are subjected to, the more normal it becomes to us.It is as simple as the people you choose to be friends with on Facebook.I have seen friends post a status describing a hard time they are going through, and their "friends", instead of trying to be supportive and help them get through it, they add to the trouble by telling about their problems and describing how pissed off they are at the world.Trying to solve a problem with negativity and anger has never accomplished anything.


I am speaking from experience, for the longest time I was a very negative person. I became so jaded from watching violently disgusting movies, that when I saw something terrible in real life it didn't even affect me.I carried around so much hatred for certain groups of people, just because I grew up hearing family members voice their opinions.It really is scary how much we can be like robots, being unknowingly programed to be hateful or negative just by listening to the things around us.I really fear for the next generation. I watched a few music videos from some bands that my 15 year old daughters boyfriend listens too. I have to admit it is some of the most disturbing music I have ever heard. The videos were filmed so dark and depressing, it reminded me of someones nightmare.I really don't see how watching something like that can make anyone feel anything but angry or depressed.Then we have RAP, which I really don't consider music at all, it's just a bunch of profanity laced hatred towards anything that's in authority. Where have all the musicians and singers gone that tried and spread a good message ? This world needs a Bob Marley type more then ever.

I don't want to sound like I am being preachy. We all have the right to listen to, watch and be friends with whom ever we want. But if you don't like being angry or miserable any more, you really need to take notice to the things you allow in your life.Take notice to the message that is being sent out in the songs on your i-pod, try and take notice of all that unnecessary violence in that movie you just watched and last but not least open your eyes to how negative some people you know can be.Negativity creates nothing, but more Negativity, and what good has that ever done anyone.All it does is cloud our vision of how great life can be, of how Happy we all can be.Stop letting the messages and actions of others program you.Take a good look inside yourself and find that Positive Happy person inside. You'll be so thankful that you did. Blessings and Love to all.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you. However, it is all how we perceive things. At one time, I sold alot of my music thinking it was having an effect on my life. I came to find out, it wasnt the music, it was me. I have to agree with the rap thing to a point. There is alot of rap groups that dont get the radio play they deserve that preach positivity. Mos-Def, The Roots and many others. But, people are a sponge and they absorb these things and let them rule thier thoughts and actions. We live in a society that puts criminals on a pedistal and we give them a voice, like 50 cent. We as a people have to learn that we are not sheep and stand up and walk among the leaders. At the same time, we cannot judge a book by its cover. Just look at Ozzy. Peace brother, Namaste and keep up the work.
    PS: I never considered you were a negative person.

    ReplyDelete