Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Trust

Trust is one of the most intimate gifts we can bestow on another.Without it relationships can become strained and friendships are shallow.How can we ever say we care for someone unless we can also say that we trust them fully?Why is it so hard for some people to put their trust in others?There are different reasons why some people can't bring themselves to Trust.Maybe they Trusted someone who they cared about and that person betrayed them.Maybe they saw their friends get their hearts broken and decided they wouldn't let that happen to them, or maybe they themselves betrayed someones trust and they are worried about that person doing the same.Regardless of the reasons, if you never Trust others, then how will you ever have someone close to you?

Putting your Trust in another is a wonderful sign of respect. You are giving someone the ability to hurt you, but showing them that you have enough Faith in them not to. Trust is needed for any kind of relationship to have a chance to grow.When you show or tell someone who cares for you that you don't Trust them, you are basically telling them that you don't think to highly of them, that you have no faith in them. You are telling them that you see them a the type of person who would hurt you, and that is a hurtful message to send out.I have done my fair share of betraying people's Trust in my life, and it is something that I wish I could take back. I saw how much it hurt those people when they found out.I have also had my Trust betrayed and have been on the receiving end of the hurt.But I would never let my past experiences stop me from putting my Trust into others.Just because someone may have betrayed you doesn't mean they will do it again. Just because you have been betrayed by some doesn't mean everyone will, and just because you have betrayed someone ,it doesn't mean they will do it in return.

We can't live our lives being afraid of people hurting us.When we build walls around ourselves to keep from getting hurt, those walls also keep out any chance of finding real Happiness.Only by putting your Trust in others will you find out who are the ones worthy of keeping around.It's like when we were children and we would go outside to blow bubbles, we didn't blow them with the expectations of seeing them POP. We blew them to watch and see how long and how far they would float. Don't live your life waiting for bad things to happen to you,for your bubbles to pop.Enjoy your life and don't be afraid of what might never happen.Blessings and Love to all.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, never thought about trust in this way. This gives me much insight on the kind of person I want to be....thanks!

    ReplyDelete