Monday, May 21, 2012

Spiritual warriors

For the past few months, I have seen the term "Spiritual Warrior" more and more. And to be completely honest, at first I wasn't to sure how to feel about it. My definition of Spiritual, is to become one with the universe, to see all living things as equal to myself. To spread positivity, Love and Compassion every where I go and to everyone that I meet. With that said, my idea of what a warrior is, is someone who fights a battle, who is struggling against some opposing threat. Some one who will do whatever it takes to be victorious. How could someone be spiritual and still consider themselves a warrior?

Then today it finally hit me. People who are truly Spiritual, are fighting a battle everyday of their lives. They fight against the negative thoughts, words, ideas and emotions that plague this world. They fight hatred with Love. They combat ignorance with Truth. They Battle greed with Generosity and resentment with Forgiveness. A Spiritual Warrior is someone who has decided to fight the good fight. To do everything in their power to change the world and to try and end the suffering of all those in it. They do this by living a warm, caring and ethical life. They let themselves be a channel of all the positive energies that the universe has to offer. They stand up to the darkness of life and say "This has got to end, NOW!!"

But like in every struggle, between light and darkness, there are victories and defeats. We can't reach everyone. We can't force people to see things the way that we do. And we can't change some people's archaic ideas and attitudes. But we can never give up. The time for a global spiritual awakening is now and we are the warriors that have to fight the battle. I have met so many other warriors, these past few years and hear about so many more, through the news and other social networks. I'm not sure how long this struggle will go on for, but I am pleased and honored to be on the same side as so many beautiful and wonderful people. Humanity is worth trying to save, we can never stop trying to make the world a Peaceful and Loving place where all living things can live together in harmony. Namaste to you all, my spiritual brothers and sisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment